The Brother sewing machine is one of the most popular and commonly used models in the sewing industry. This brand provides a wide range of sewing machine to accommodate all levels of expertise. This includes simpler models for beginners.
The main principle behind the operation of any Brother sewing machine is relatively the same, with slight variations that depends primarily upon the presence of additional functions. The following steps are important in learning how to work a Brother sewing machine.
- Needle insertion: inserting the needle and ensuring that it is properly placed is one of the first and most important steps in learning how to use a Brother sewing machine. In order to do so the needle bar that holds the needle in place must be raised.
- Threading the sewing machine: this step varies significantly from one machine to the other. Nevertheless, the instructions are usually illustrated on the front or at the top of each Brother sewing machine model
- Bobbin Insertion: the bobbin is a small disc of thread that is usually inserted at the bottom of the machine. Its purpose is to feed the bottom thread that is required to interlock with the top thread during the stitching process. A special slot is available for inserting the bobbin and the procedure may vary according to the model in question.
- Selecting a pattern: this step is perhaps one of the easiest steps. It basically involves choosing a stitch pattern in order to get started. Stitch patterns can be selected by pressing a button on the computerized sewing machine models, or they can be chosen by turning the corresponding wheel or dial on the manual models.
- Optimizing the machine: this step involves fine tuning the machine to achieve optimum results. One of the main issues that must be reviewed is the tension of the top and bottom threads. Both threads must be fed with the same tension for optimum results
- Managing the cords: the final step is to ensure that the power cord is connected to the adequate power source and that the foot pedal is attached. Once these are in place, now you are ready to sew.
Thus, some steps about how to work a brother sewing machine. Hopefully will be helpful for you